Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I`m in heaven.

Hi all

I`m very happy today as i got to finally use my telescope, and i looked at some star clusters.I know most of you are thinking whoopee doo.But as some/most of you know, i ain`t used my telescope in like 3-4months.

Because i had to switch bedrooms with my parents and they`ve got the bigger bedroom.And so the telescope has to stay in their room cause these`s not enough room in mine( too small).

Any way its got me more pumped up to by a shed. :rolleyes:

I see why they say that my telescope`s good for deep sky.Because with the naked eye i could only see a few stars.But then i just put my eye on the e/p and off i went, :D my scope was just filled with :stars:

God this much happiness must be illegal :D

Bring on tonight. 8)

P.S I love my star clusters :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars: :stars:

I well understand! I have really been enjoying the clusters. Partly because they are awesome and partly because my wife and kids love them too. Makes all the difference!

My favourite at the moment is the double cluster.

Double Cluster for me too :rolleyes:

In a clear, dark sky the DC is naked-eye visible and thru a telescope you might be able to make out a handful of warm stars - beautiful!

Look in the NE after 10pm, about 45 degrees above the horizon.

In a clear, dark sky the DC is naked-eye visible and thru a telescope you might be able to make out a handful of warm stars - beautiful!

Clear dark skies.That something i don`t have(at least not by the time i use the telscope which is bout 22:00).

Be even later when i get my shed.I`m sooooooooo not going to have frogs in it.Rib-it :rolleyes:

The double cluster is a must every time I am observing - whether through the 11x80 binoc's or the 80mm refractor at x20 - it is just superb. Some good doubles are gamma andromadae (Almaach) and beta Cepheii (Alfirk) - also Albireo (beta cygnii) - all superb through any small 'scope.

Tom

Wow, where are all you guys getting the clear skys from ? Up here in Newcastle its been mist followed by cloud every night. I've been spending my time laminating a Messier catalogue and learning the constellations via starry night so when I finally get an observation session I'm going to have a list of targets as long as my arm. it should be interesting to see just how many of these targets are visible through a 150mm reflector as I suspect that a lot of the images I've been looking at were taken with far more powerful scopes.

Archived