Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Minimum Spec Laptop For The DMK 21AF04.AS ?

I've been looking at the DMK 21AF04.AS and have heard some great things about it as a planetary/lunar imager, the review I read mentioned that it does need a fast pc to operate it, my question is what are the minimum specs of a laptop you'd need to use one of these?

My old laptop has the following specs... Celeron 1.8G processor, 960mb RAM. Would this be enough?

I'm hoping to get the USB version.

Thanks and clear skies ;)

Thanks for the helpful replies, I think that's reassured me to take the plunge when my cheque comes through, I just have one more question, my laptop has to use a USB 2.0 adaptor, it plugs into the laptops USB 1.0 or 1.1 port (cant remember which it is) and then you've got 4 USB 2.0 ports to plug stuff into, does anyone know whether this will work?

Thanks everyone, I am an absolute noob with laptops and really appreciate the help, hopefully the DMK will run smoothly, now I just need to raise the funds, where theres a will theres a way, thanks again : )

The DMK will not work on a USB1.1 port - I tried it and an error message came up.

The machine that I used was a 2ghz with 768mb ram - the biggest issue with the DMK is at 60fps you eat HDD space in no time...

One set of AVI's for a lunar mosaic was about 50Gb - and that didn't take long to capture.

Ant

Archived