Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What the?? UFO spotted?? 11.55pm 5/7/2010

Ok, I've just seen something very strange....at 11.55pm Monday night I was looking out to see if it was worthwhile setting anything up. Then I saw what at first glance looked like an airplane, having lived around Manchester Airport all my life I soon realised that the trajectory was not normal. When I first saw it, it was in the SW sky approx. 15 deg below and about 45 deg to the right of Vega, it tracked across the sky at a similar speed to the IIS that I saw at 10.12pm earlier this evening, magnitude was less that ISS had been, the trajectory however was irregular, there was approx a 15 arc minutes (about half a moon) irregular movement in altitude as it was moving across the sky.

Then something really odd happened, as it was passing under Cygnus, there was a really bright flash of light (maybe near Deneb) and within 1/2 a degree of the object that I was looking at that pulsed really brightly from off to bright and off again in less than half a second. Magnitude way brighter than ISS had been earlier tonight.

Then the object faded as it went through Lacerta.

I've just checked Stellarium for satellites and Heavens Above for flares - nothing on either?

Definitely not a lantern either, yes I see loads of them!! Did anyone else see anything??

That was very strange indeed.

the trajectory however was irregular, there was approx a 15 arc minutes (about half a moon) irregular movement in altitude as it was moving across the sky.

This is the unexplainable thing. Very weird.

Carole

This is the unexplainable thing. Very weird.

Carole

Yes, that's what caught my eye in the first place. I would say that there was a few of seconds of normal trajectory, followed by about a second or so where there was alt movement (both up & down)

The up and down movement could be caused by the atmosphere, if the view between yourself and the satallite was through a dense turmoil part of the atmosphere this could cause the light in your eyes to bounce around.

The up and down movement could be caused by the atmosphere, if the view between yourself and the satallite was through a dense turmoil part of the atmosphere this could cause the light in your eyes to bounce around.

I guess so, although the really strange thing was the really bright point source of light - it reminded me of watching a kids cartoon where the star would twinkle really bright - only this was brighter.

I thought for a moment that the American Star Wars program was in operation!!

Watching the ISS the other night it had some erratic up and down movement as it passed above some very high thin cloud, made my heart skip a beat until it came out into the clear sky again and was steady as a rock. It gave the impression it was weaving, of course it was a light sky so I could see it was cloud it passed above even though it didn't dim in brightness.

We are not alone, I saw some weird stuff in Pakistan, could not explain it, it showed up on a couple of pics i took. No object can do a sharp 90 degree turn, no matter what.

Nadeem.

No drone on this planet does a sharp 90 degree angle turn, no way..Unless the US is test flying some sort of Super Duper Reconnaissance Plane of some sort at break neck speeds..

Nadeem.

Archived