Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A quick NLC shot with Zenit B

Got this one the other night with my old Zenit B SLR with original Helios lens and using outdated Kodak 400 film, which guys at my local photo shop kindly screwed up while developing... :D (now it's the moments like that night I just think I HAVE to buy a DSLR!)

This does not do ANY justice to the sight that night.. it was one of the MOST beautiful sights I've ever seen.. NLC's kept forming and later that night nearly filled half of the sky.. absolutely breathtaking.. I spent like 3 hours just gazing and couldn't believe this beauty.. Taken in the center on the town from my balcony at 12th floor flat.

Marius

post-13510-133877459433_thumb.jpg

Fantastic!

It's great to see that there's still some life left in film technology.

(BTW Jack Martin still uses film to record his spectra - the response in the blue -uv is much superior to CCD)

Ken

Stunning Marius. What a display.

And with a Zenith B, i still have one of those. It's tucked away safely in the loft as a nostalgic thing from when i started the hobby. Often thought about dragging it out one last time for some star trails.

thats a lovely pic....where was it taken?

In my hometown Kaunas in Lithuania :p We had absolutely stunning NLC displays for the last 3-5 night in a row, fading quite markedly yesterday. Still, this meant only 3-4 hours of sleep each night for me :D

p.s. thanks everyone for kind words :evil6:

Marius

Archived