Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

FREE Televue Radian Eyepieces with qualified purchase

johninderby

This sale is going on in at OPT in the US. Doesn't say you can't order from the UK.

http://www.optcorp.com/product.aspx?pid=15195

From June 1st - September 30th, 2010 you can get FREE Radian eyepieces with a qualified purchase! Here's all you have to do:

• Purchase any two Radian eyepieces and get a third Radian eyepiece of your choice, absolutely free. That's a savings of $218!

John

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had a quick chat with their internet sales team and this is what they came back with.

They will ship anywhere in the world and the deal is available to everyone.

They will only put the price you pay on the shipping lable, so rather than customs seeing the value of all the EP's if thats what you got, they would only see what you paid so your vat and import duties would reflect that.

Can I just adda note of caution - sorry to be a party pooper - My ES 1400 came in and got smacked up by the tax man. You can get a remote dealer to write a ticket BUT customs arent bound to honor that and you can still get hit PLUS if its wrecked or lost in transit you can only claim for what the shipping label said it was worth.

The last bit of kit I got from the US the Royal Mail stung me for all sorts of charges.

Typical though - theres always a great deal for the yanks and naff all for us brits - it certainly is rip off Britain.

Another thing to be wary of is the chap I was talking to offered to lower the value on the delivery note so that I could get cheaper import tax. Obviously this is a huge problem is something goes wrong as they will only insure against the amount you say to put on the note.

So you could either end up with three Radians at a stonking price or you could end up massivley out of pocket if they dont arrive.

I'm not going to use them, for them to offer that kind of underhanded service it makes me wonder if they would actually send your order or try to do you out of pocket by only having to pay you back the lowered price.

One thing to keep in mind you wouldn't be evading tax or duties if the declared amount was what you actually paid for the goods. No deception there. And in the case of an insurance claim you'd still be covered as you'd get back what you actually paid. I would however ask OPT to invoice the eyepieces as a set of three without individual pricing on the eyepieces, and marking it as a special offer. Also as the credit card receipt would be inside that would be further proof. You would save just over £100.00 buying three Radians.

The one most important bit of advice is don't mess about with values for customs purposes. Declare what you actually paid and then you'll be just fine.

John

Just to let you all know Green Witch are offering this deal aswell. I contacted them after speaking to OPTCorp so it looks like its a Televue deal.

Lee has told me they are expecting a top up delivery soon so should have all the popular sized Radians in stock.

Just need to find £340 now.

Just to let you all know Green Witch are offering this deal aswell. I contacted them after speaking to OPTCorp so it looks like its a Televue deal.

Lee has told me they are expecting a top up delivery soon so should have all the popular sized Radians in stock.

Just need to find £340 now.

Nice one :D Thanks for letting us know.

John

Can I just adda note of caution - sorry to be a party pooper - My ES 1400 came in and got smacked up by the tax man.

AB, I've got an order from OPT sitting in UK Customs now (arrived yesterday). I did a bit of research before ordering as to what charges I could expect and I reckon on 5%-9% import duty (I hope it'll be closer to 5%), plus VAT on the £ conversion of the $ purchase price, plus an £8 Royal Mail handling fee.

Even if the duty was at the top end of 9% the saving will still have made it worthwhile.

Were you hit with more than these typical charges when you bought the ES14?

Col

Ok, just had an email back from Lee, they are doing both deals.

Buy 2 Radians get 1 free or,

Buy a Televue scope with 2 Radians and get 2 more Radians free.

I know I shouldnt but I cant help myself, I've asked for a 6, 12 and 18mm to be put to one side for me......sorry Ant.:D

Hi Peter,

Yes thats what they said they would do, they also offered to put a lower price on the ticket which the buyer could choose so as to avoid higher fees.

Luckily now this offer is here in the UK so I dont have to use them.

There's a chance here for 3 SGL members to club together and buy two Radians and get the third free. Then split the £340 three ways so they each pay £113 for a brand new Radian!!!!!

Edit: i have modified my dodgy working out.....but £113 is still very good for a brand new Radian.

Hi Russ,

Could work. Just to note its £340 for two of them but still a massive saving if people got together.

I've been speaking to Lee at Green Witch who has been very helpful and hopefully I'll be driving up to Cambridge to get mine soon.

Archived