Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tak-Tec M13

ollypenrice

Hi all,

One from the last two nights before the arrival of the lunatic. M13, Tec 140 Apo, EM200, Atik 4000 mono.

Nice to split that bright blue star below the glob and to get a bit of spiral structure in the tiny NGC. Can't fault the Tec and the EM200 does track well.

Olly

888422699_QXVYK-X2.jpg

That's a beauty Olly. Love the star colour. Tight stars without any over sharpening. Looks like a nice flat field across the Atik 4000 chip. What were the exposure details Olly?

That's a beauty Olly. Love the star colour. Tight stars without any over sharpening. Looks like a nice flat field across the Atik 4000 chip. What were the exposure details Olly?

Hi Martin, Lum was 15x5 mins and each colour 7x5 unbinned. Two observations though;

-the outlying stars in the lum image are more numerous than in the colour so are rather grey. More colour needed, probably in 10 min subs. I'll try to get to it soon.

-for the core and the main image I made two stretches quite differently in PS. It was the same data but I found it easier to do a background stretch in which the core was cooked and then a core stretch in which the rest was underexposed. I didn't do a proper layer mask, just an erasing of the underexposed region when the core was the layer on top.

Olly

Fantastic image... Its one of the best m13's Ive seen on here in a long time.. :D

I'll be posting mine in a minute :D its my first ever - ever attempt a Mono.. ;)

Guy

We've probably all had a go at M13 but that really is a level above. You can even see details in NGC 6207 (which normally just shows up as a faint fuzzy in most shots).

Archived