Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First night with 200p on saturn,stunning!

HI All

Well just got my skyliner 200p setup this evening for the first time use.

Well what can i say,saturn was my target tonight and stunning it looked,sharp at all magnifications,good seeing tonight.

I used a 9mm plus 2x barlow from my new revelation eyepiece kit,gotta say prety impressed for the money.

Much better than the standard eyepieces.

Saturn showed a clear and clean black band across the centre looking to be ever so slightly above the rings that you can see at the edge.

Hope my observations are correct.

Also 4 moons.

So even at 266x it was it was sharp and clear,i cant stop smiling.

Very impressed with my new 8 inches.

Thanks for reading

Gary

• 3 weeks later...

:rolleyes: It`s hard to stop smiling when you see the rings.

If the seeing is good sometimes you can see a gap between the forward part of the ring, the bit nearest us, and the rest of the ring as it curls round the back of the planet. That gap gives the image a bit of depth if you know what i mean and makes it even more striking as the planet itself seems less defined.

Hope that made sense...:)

Will.

:rolleyes: It`s hard to stop smiling when you see the rings.

If the seeing is good sometimes you can see a gap between the forward part of the ring, the bit nearest us, and the rest of the ring as it curls round the back of the planet. That gap gives the image a bit of depth if you know what i mean and makes it even more striking as the planet itself seems less defined.

Hope that made sense...:)

Will.

This is known as the Cassini division, and is caused by an orbital resonance with the moon Mimas. It's something i look forward to seeing when i get my hands on my 8" newt :)

enjoy the views all!

Will, sounds like you are well chuffed with the 200P. It's a brilliant scope with highly underratted optics. I had some awesome views of Saturn and Mars earlier this year. And Jupiter looked brilliant in the 200P two mornings ago, just wait until you see that.

Archived