Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USA supplier - Scopestuff ?

Has anyone used the USA based supplier Scopestuff ?:

ScopeStuff

I'm just after a small accessory but I can't find it for sale anywhere in the UK - it's the Mercury Systems compression ring 2" visual back for Synta 2" focussers.

They say they will ship outside of the US and that they will let you have a delivery cost once the order is packed (you have the option to back out if you don't like the cost).

The visual back is currently listed at just $25.00 so it should escape import tax hopefully.

Has anyone used this supplier ?.

I've used them down the years for loads of smaller items not available in the UK. They proved very handy for replacing rusty parts on the SCT or sourcing unusual adapters. They also offered the GSO crayford long before it was available in the UK. Always reliable service from them.

You might want to consider the equivaklent part from Baader - the 4-in-one 2" compression ring - fits 68mm, 60mm, 48 and 56mm (Skywatcher) threads to give a 2" conmpression fit with t2 output as well.

Source from David Hinds, Alpine Astro, TS or Baader.

Works a treat.

Mike

John,

I have used ScopeStuff several times and have never had any issues.

The only problem you might encounter is that I am sure they were just selling off the last of the 'Mercury Systems Support' stock, (Mercury Systems stopped making the adaptors a couple of years ago), and may not have any in.

Lee.

Archived