Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Joining the ranks of firsts

kjmorg66

Nothing could of prepared me for the sight of saturn - WOW, DOUBLE WOW, infact I have spent 2 nights just looking!

Even the kids are impressed, which id fairly tricky with teenagers!.

I have seen many posts saying that you never forget your first viewing and I dont think I will.

Amazing and WOW!

:)

Jo

haha I know what you mean :) tonight will be the 3rd night in a row that I will stare at it for about an hour, Saturn and its moons are fantastic to look at!

Congratulations Jo :D:hello2:

I promise you it won't be the last time you ever look at Saturn. Although there are other great things to see, I bet that in future, you will always return to it at the start of session just to say hello! before moving on - I know because I do :headbang:

Clear skies!

James :)

Nice one :) Every time I get a new e/p the first thing I test it on is saturn (or if that ain't around then jupiter. It's just something you never tire of. Wait till you get some higher magnifications of saturn - you just get more and more engrossed in it lol :D

• 2 weeks later...

My first peek at Saturn was about 31 years ago, through my school's 70mm refractor. I still just fall silent when I look at it through my 8" SCT (after which I tend to bounce through the garden a bit, and return for another breathless look). Especially when the seeing is good, there is nothing like it.

Archived