Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M13 15-05-10

Ant

Spent a little while trying (without to much effort or luck) to find the comet - need to learn how to control the scope better with EQmod... I wanted to just type in a RA and DEC, but could work out how to do it.

Anyway I wanted to get something so I decided to have a go at M13.

I took Bias frames and then 49 Darks last night. Tried to take Flats this morning but again had issues.

Tried to stack this morning and had some weird results - thanks Peter for helping me out...

I couldn't get anything any good with the Bias / Darks - so this image is uncalibrated - I'm going to look at each of the Bias and Dark frames to see if there is anything dodgy looking.

This is 29 x 5 minutes - total 2hr 25minutes. Which for this time of year isn't too shoddy. Spikes are real not added.

6" F5, H9, CLS filter.

Oh I also forgot to polar align :D

Cheers

Ant

Right click on the RA/DEC display in the EQMod main window and a box will opwn to enter RA/DEC values then hit GOTO

Really? it's that simple... Doh! Thanks for that... might have another go at the comet this weekend.

Thanks Ron :D

Just looked through all the bias and darks... and I found that around half the dark (which I left running and went to bed) were actually taken during daylight.

And of course with a newt - it's open at the back and not really light proof... So this image is a rework using 49 Bias and 30 Darks.

I think it's a little over processed, but it is better I think?

Ant

ant-albums-dso-s-picture5042-m13-29x5min-30-darks-49-bias-maybe-little-overcooked.jpg

Archived