NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

so so confused!!!

hello again! I was sure I had made my mind up about getting the Skywatcher 130p Heritage but on further reading am wondering if I should go with my original choice of the Bresser skylux 70?? What I want to achieve is observing the planets at a decent size and also to see the moon in a lot of detail. Which would the experts out there recommend???

Any help/advice will be greatly received :):D:confused:

PS - forgot to mention I would want to take the telescope away on camping trips and would prefer something easy to set up and maintain!

130mm apeture beats 70mm apeture. Planets through the Heritage are still tiny so imagine how small they are in a 70mm scope !!!. The detail on the moon with the Heritage is absolutely amazing. Much more detailed then i ever saw with my 90mm scope. The Heritage is also uuber portable and extremely low maintainance.

Hi Hev!!

Small telescopes will always be small telescopes (if you see what I mean!!) - So the advice would be to go for the largest aparture that you can. (that is the largest mirror or lens). In your case the 130P would be the best buy of the two you mention. You would be able to use a magnification of up to around x120 (the 130P goes to x65 with the eyepieces supplied, a barlow lens will set you back around £30 (new, or less, second hand) extra and will double the magnification of each eyepiece.

Now the quandry - that little lot adds up to around £160 and, as its your money I'm spending (!) - you could save a few extra pennies and get a 150P dobsonian - a much better scope all round. The choice will depend on your mode of transport for camping trips as all the scopes will dismantle easily.

Whatever you buy I'm sure you will enjoy the view!!

I've just seen your budget post - I've blown it! Sorry!!

i have a bresser skylux and while its an adequate scope for its size (i found m53 with it last night) the planets are tiny. Ive seen saturn and could make out that it had a line through it but no real detail... mars is a pink dot because its so far away. Why dont you hang fire a month or so and save for lets say a 150 or 200 reflector? Skywatcher do a good one. If you really cant wait then check out flo for their range of refractors... an 80 or 90mm would be a good start... but like most lounge members and most ladies will tell you, size really is everything... good luck in whatever you decide to do

Its like comparing a Range Rover to a Mini, the Skywatcher will beat the Bresser in every department.

hehe but how would the Range Rover fair down a country lane.....i reckon it would take a good thrashing from the Mini (especially a Cooper S). :)

But i know what you mean Doc :D

Archived