• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course you jinxed it :)

Sunny all daya here: great I thought :D

Got home - and still sunny ;)

Sun's beginning to go down - still sunny :(

Sun's now 5 degrees above the horizon and I can see the clouds rolling in ;)

Its all your fault

Have you seen M62 and M7 from your location? Ive never seen these as they are just too low down

Yeah I picked both last month, on the 17th.

It's gutting because I like to study the Leo/Virgo galaxy fields and I am missing it all...

Indeed they are great. Only had a quick look at the virgo cluster but will check them again when I have a chance.

Its all your fault

he he! It's still sunny here. :)

Damn it. It cleared. I setup in 2 min, toke a peek at M81/82 and low altitude clouds came really fast and covered everything. Seeing was pretty good too...

Going to bed now. Got the alarm set to 5am. Hopefully I can catch the 5 Messiers I'm missing and make it worth my time.

how many days do you get without clouds up in the UK?

I'm in Portugal, Azores islands (search it in google earth :)) which are cloudier then the mainland. Usually it's better then the UK but this year it has been the worst year I can ever remember. Not only the clouds, it has been raining almost everyday.

Last year, when I only had the binos, it was clear about 3 nights a week which is pretty good.

seriously, how many days do you get without clouds up in the UK?

Not many - but probably more than I think because I can't stay up all night every night waiting for those clear skies.

I normally check outdoors between sunset and midnight and I have only encountered two clear nights in the last eight weeks.......

Don't know if it is my imagination, but it seems that cloud cover in the UK has increased in the last three years. I've only been studying the night sky seriously in the last year; it would take a seasoned astronomer to prove that fact.

Not the same here in north west wales, this year has been amazing so far I would say an average of 2 clear nights per week since the start of the year. There was a short bad spell before easter but it was good before that and has been good since. That's it jinxed it now.

Not the same here in north west wales, this year has been amazing so far I would say an average of 2 clear nights per week since the start of the year. There was a short bad spell before easter but it was good before that and has been good since. That's it jinxed it now.

That's really good - long may it last. :)

I know you don't get many clear nights up there normally.

Do you think reverse logic would work on the weather. Instead of saying "its looking good for tonight" when the daytime weather is good.................instead say "its looking good for tonight"........when the daytime weather is bad.

Right now its looking fantastic for tonight.

Archived