Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

headtorch heads up

gaelicstorm7

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No not red tape mate its red sticky backed film.

Someone gave me a sheet at Kielder last year and it has been invaluable.

I just unscrew the lense off the torch and stick the film on the INSIDE of the lens

then just screw it back toghther jobs a goodun.

Wow! I thought I was into torches, but some of you... I tend to collect them, and I have one on my keychain, in fact a little Maglight sort of thing that uses one AAA battery, and a red LED light that my Ministry issued as keepsakes last summer. I have a cheap 6v light that I put a piece of red acetate behind the plastic lens and made a red torch that throws a beam like a police car. Also bought a 9v LED outfit that has red or blue light, depending on which way you rotate the dimmer switch.

I seem to be the Anti-Torch demon!!

I buy no-end of them and they just dissappear into the ether! Mind you, my garden is a building jungle at the moment, so they are probably all out there. Setting up their own community, burrows and trade union!!

Had to buy another one at Kelling (and some of the red stuff)!!!

Come on Steve, get that site up! We want torches!!!!!

Two friends of mine were stung like that Paul, and another got away with it. The site advertised as including all charges. They tried it on and he threatened to report them to eBay!!

I only buy from UK or US - much easier.

This one has a red flip lens

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150035900907

But im always wary about "Winner will be responsible for the shipping charge and tax (if applicable)." as I've heard of folk being charged silly amounts of import tax for eBay things from abroad.

Paul

I am a bit wary of anything you can get on eBay for 99 cents.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm a bit slow to contribute to this topic, but I've found a nice looking thing by mistake while looking for a red dot finder on Sherwood's.

It's got a red and white LED and adjustable brightness and costs £15!

http://www.sherwoods-photo.com/sky_watcher/skywatcher_accs_observing_aids.htm

Astrophethean

P.S. how do you do that tinyurl thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived