NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there a scottish Star Party?

Hi there folks, Just wondering if theres such thing as a Scottish star party? Or even if someone new of the most northern Starparty in the UK? Just living in the Orkney Islands and then traveling to SGL and the like if bit of a pain, however I'm none the less still very tempeted to catch the next one that I can.

Thanks,

Michael

Jeez, everywhere is south for you mate :D

But seriously, there's a starparty in Dumfries and Galloway, near Wigtown Bay, around November time. Am hoping to get to this one, this year.

The next closest is the quite excellent Kielder star party. They hold a spring and autumn event. Been to this one many times. Highly recommended.

Cheers,

Andy.

haha yes your absolutly right everything is a ways away for me. Nice one tho dumfries isnt a million miles away, do you know of contact or info on the dates and tickets etc for this? Yea im very very tempeted to check out keider too in the autumn sounds good, again do you know where i could find info on this? Might catch you their!

Thanks Andy!

Michael.

Hi Ron, Nope your right long journey or no, i just have to come check out these star parties! Just to be able to get a chance to hang out with some more experieced astronomers i believe will be invaluble, and will most certainly make the tetious drive worth it. I have bookmarked all these avents and i recon ill be at all of them if i am home! As i work on a ship 6 months of the year it can make things easeir..and harder to get to.

Anyway thanks again.

Michael

Hi Ron, Nope your right long journey or no, i just have to come check out these star parties! Just to be able to get a chance to hang out with some more experieced astronomers i believe will be invaluble, and will most certainly make the tetious drive worth it. I have bookmarked all these avents and i recon ill be at all of them if i am home! As i work on a ship 6 months of the year it can make things easeir..and harder to get to.

Anyway thanks again.

Michael

Your welcome mate.:D

Michael

Kielder is only 1.5 miles from the Scottish border, with an added tartan feel given the number of Scots who make the short journey south. Hope you can make it,

Richard

Ye was seeing Keilder their on the map, wouldnt be to bad to get their. Hopefully see you then.

>Tom..yes i would imagine the scots to do just that hehe really looking forward to it, sounds like really good fun.

Thanks,

Michael

Ye was seeing Keilder their on the map, wouldnt be to bad to get their. Hopefully see you then.

>Tom..yes i would imagine the scots to do just that hehe really looking forward to it, sounds like really good fun.

Thanks,

Michael

It is Michael, it is. I still can't figure out how mud got on my binoculars two years ago - I can't even remember using them. I guess the moral of the story is that alcohol and astronomy don't mix - or at least not at the same time.

Tom

hahaha excelent sounds like my kindo part right enough! Although ill at least try and have good intentions not to end up in a state like you!!! hehehe na really looking forward to it. im just praying it works out for when im on my leave of the ship. ill pm you closser to the time, it would be good to meet you their for a few bevies and a spy through the scope.

Take care Tom,

Michael

Mmmm, Galloway would be great, I know that the skies are dark around those parts, but I'm scheduled to be away for the dates. Kielder, however, I seem to be available for and hopefully I'll have actually built the transportaion device (crate) for the 10" SNT by then...........

Archived