Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Does anyone listen to music whilst observing?

Sunset_Twilight

I usually end up watching BBCi on the lappy while imaging - HIGNFY, QI, Top Gear... whatever is funny. Not too loud though because I dont want to annoy the neighbours late at night :p

Music.... hmmm, if I were to do that I would probably stick winamp on random and have kings of leon next to samuel barber next to Stevie Wonder and William Orbit, or something equally eclectic. I could sit there and play, but dragging a piano down the garden isnt an option... besides, my fingers would be too cold to play!

There are a few strange noises around at night though.... and a fair few rats - jeez ive seen a few whoppers down there in the dead of night. :D

But I can definitely recommend Pink Floyd... dark side of the moon... fantastic and trippy (esp "Time").

I usually find this track quite inspiring, some may have heard it already.... very astro ;)

Cosmos - Part 1

Feel free to download & enjoy.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Earl_uk - good taste!!

I like the sounds & silence of nature when observing but for those who use MP3 players give the Delerium albums Spheres I and Spheres II a listen, very trippy with song titles like "Dark Matter" and "Monolith" mixed with samples of 2001: A Space Oddysey.

• 1 month later...

i tried nature because i live in the countryside "ish" but got spooked by something screaming while being dragged off (animal i hope) and anyone reading my other posts the answer is yip i get spooked easily.

when i am off somewhere to stargaze, i usually dont listen to music.... but when i sit on the porch, my cdplayer is loaded with björn afzelius, edith piaff and johnny cash. havent been bothered to change for almost a year now :]

Hi all, I prefer to observe in silence, but at weekends the music from the 2 pubs nearby is intrusive, they will all be deaf by middle age !! Oh well, as long as they keep the lights down I can live with it...... Ed.

The reassuring 'hum' of the paramount does it for me!

I tried listening to music with headphones in, but to be honest after nearly strangling myself when I got up and forgot I was wearing them I decided silence is golden!

Its sometimes nice to get away from it all and just listen to the earth turn on its axis.....:)

Archived