NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter ?

I plan to start Jupiter observing in the morning sky by late May / early June. Should be getting to a decent altitude to make telescopic obs worthwhile by then :D

My plan too. Certainly during June it will be a good pre-dawn target. And by July it rises to 32deg above the horizon by 3am. Lots of early starts coming up. :p

if you put a big mirror up in the sky you might be able to get a bit of it : )

lemme check Voyager....yeah, end of July beginning of August, rising in the southeast. Voyager shows the 1st August at around midnight a good time to see it.

i guess the closer you are from Equator, the better chance of planets being visible?? :D

i am in Saudi Arabia (24N, 40E) and Jupiter rises about 2 and a half hours before sunrise already here :p

Excellent! You're well placed for Jupiter already. Saturn must be pretty high up for you too id imagine.

Excellent! You're well placed for Jupiter already. Saturn must be pretty high up for you too id imagine.

yeah, Saturn rise 3 hours before sunset. so it is pretty much visible all night. but isn't it the case with you guys too? i mean, Saturn is almost directly opposite from the sun, right?

I by nature am NOT a morning person but of late i am seeing the benefits of observing an hour or two before sunrise.

The air is perfectly calm and the "seeing" is FANTASTIC. It really is the one time of the day when you feel that you are truely alone with your thoughts. It is an almost magical time.

My plan for the summer (when it gets dark LATE..............and bright EARLY) is to really try something new and go to bed early(ISH) and get up and start observing at about 3-4am..............til the sun rises.

I by nature am NOT a morning person but of late i am seeing the benefits of observing an hour or two before sunrise.

The air is perfectly calm and the "seeing" is FANTASTIC. It really is the one time of the day when you feel that you are truely alone with your thoughts. It is an almost magical time.

My plan for the summer (when it gets dark LATE..............and bright EARLY) is to really try something new and go to bed early(ISH) and get up and start observing at about 3-4am..............til the sun rises.

Yes paul i totally agree some mornings can be breathtaking

Archived