Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

New Tripod?

Morning all!

I am looking to buy a new tripod for my binoculars. The last one i owned had errr.... lets just say it had a fight with my car wheels and did'nt win..

So am thinking of getting something like this!

Bresser Bresser 6000 aluminium field tripod (for spotting scopes and binoculars)

Do you think this looks good value for money?

if any one has any ideas of where i can get a cheaper one, please let me know!

looks fine for your bins

are you considering getting bigger bins any time soon?

if so, i would get the Horizon from FLO (best price), i have just got one and its solid! i wont need to buy another tripod, in my opinion its future proof (unless i get bins over 100mm)

Thankyou! that really helps, i think i will stick with the bino's i have atm, but the tripod from FLO looks good! might get that one! :D

I have the Horizon and it's a very good tripod for the price. I've tried it with a pair of 25x100 binos and it more than held it's own.

I have the Horizon and it's a very good tripod for the price. I've tried it with a pair of 25x100 binos and it more than held it's own.

Martin.

What type of bracket did you use to attach the 25x100 to the head? Is it also possible to attach a quick release bracket for a camera?

Cheers,

Austin

Martin.

What type of bracket did you use to attach the 25x100 to the head? Is it also possible to attach a quick release bracket for a camera?

Cheers,

Austin

Austin, there is a quick release plate on the head that you can use to attach a camera.....the quick release plate is also what I used to attach the binoculars as well, no separate adapter was needed for the 25x100's.

Austin, there is a quick release plate on the head that you can use to attach a camera.....the quick release plate is also what I used to attach the binoculars as well, no separate adapter was needed for the 25x100's.

I have the Horizon 8115 heavy duty tripod and it takes the weight of my 20X90 bins and i also use it as a fiixed tripod for my 450d.

I did buy a second quick release plate so i can can quickly change between bins and camera.

I have the Horizon 8115 heavy duty tripod and it takes the weight of my 20X90 bins and i also use it as a fiixed tripod for my 450d.

I did buy a second quick release plate so i can can quickly change between bins and camera.

Thanks for that. Although I have an excellent camera tripod I intend getting the Horizon for the binos so I can use both instruments.

Cheers,

Austin

Archived