Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M3 Globular with the 1000D *Unguided*

Deneb

Hi

Sorry to bore you chaps of the same object, but here's my latest image of M3, taken with an Unmodded Canon 1000D (why a 1000D - The area fov is a lot larger then a small CCD chip, thats one thing annoying I find with my Atik, mind you it will make a good guide camera though). On the top right of the Cluster, a faint galaxy NGC 5263 is also captured. Taken with 30x 2mins Subs, 11x Flats @ ISO1600.

M3_1280.jpg

M3_1280crop.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem

Glad to see you back in your element using a Canon DSLR again! Great resolution and colour. The C100ED + EQ6 combination is formidable. :) I can't get anywhere near that quality with my old 90mm.

Would be interesting to compare this DSLR shot with the finished CCD version, (still adding RGB?), for comparison.

John

Not to sound patronising or rude, Have you heard of somethings called Patience, Patience, Patience, Practice, Practice, Practice, Read, Read, Read, Balancing is very important also & taking your time in polar alignment, what mount do you have ?

Cheers

Nadeem..

it's a celestron cgem, but I'm a beginner. I'm suspecting it's my polar alignment (that's a patience thing, as you point out!), but it's good to see that you can achieve impressive results like this without going to the expense of guide scopes and the rest!

d

...but it's good to see that you can achieve impressive results like this without going to the expense of guide scopes and the rest...

d

Quite right as well, you don't need X, Y & Z to do good images (no offence to anyone). Practice makes perfect & im still practising..

Nadeem...

Archived