Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light with DMK

blinky

OK, be gentle here! It's blowing a gale outside but I just had to give the DMK a quick whirl on Mars:D

This is with the 2X Barlow so it's 4m focal length and as say it was jumping all over the screen. This is a stack of 154 frames through the 8" SCT and my new DMK21 - Thanks Karlo!

post-13107-133877434112_thumb.jpg

Yeah the DMK seems very easy to use. As for filters, well for the time being I am going to stick to IR only but I will eventually get some coloured filters and a wheel. Very chuffed with this though for only 5 mins worth of work.

I got a set off of basic LRGB and a manual wheel... apart from trying them out on terestrial targets I havent used them in anger yet... they arent parafocal though...

I do like IR Pass though ...

I also have it setup as my 2nd backup guidecam in PHD... and it makes a good video finder for DSO's....

Peter...

Had another go, this time with a stack of 263. I am going to enjoy this camera!

I catch about 1000-1500 frames at max gain (and shortest exposures), which then in registax alows on some stronger sharpening without quality loss. On less gain you can save less frames but longer exposures may be impaired by seeing. Some experiments usually needed.

Archived