NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Obsessive in Hertfordshire

Steven_J

Hello to all, from someone who took three months to get started but is swiftly turning into a sky addict. I received a scope as a Christmas gift and it re-awoke an aborted curiosity into Astronomy.

So after a single and confused first light where the only thing I recognized was the moon, I didn't look outside until late Feb, last week. Now I'm reading everything, thinking of ways to encourage the council to shield the line of street lamps on the road behind my garden, pleased with the influx of new knowledge, and filled with 1001 newbie questions to annoy anyone kind enough to answer :)

In any case, hailing from the white zone of Stevenage, it's good to find a UK forum and I hope to start putting up reports soon.

Cheers, Steven.

Hi Steven,

A very warm welcome to SGL. :(

You'll find everyone really friendly and willing to help us newbies out.

It's often said on here that the only dumb questions are the ones that you don't ask! :)

So ask away, there's always be someone that comes by with an answer.

hailing from the white zone of Stevenage

Err, Stevenage is yellow, lot and lots and lots of yellow lights.:):eek::(

Yellow lights on the estates, yellow lights on the dual carriageways, yellow lights on the cycle tracks.:D:p Yellow lights down the A1.

I drive north of it everyday, Baldock to Buntingford, and all I see is a yellow glow above Stevenage.:eek::(:eek:

Err, Stevenage is yellow, lot and lots and lots of yellow lights.:):eek::(

Yellow lights on the estates, yellow lights on the dual carriageways, yellow lights on the cycle tracks.:mad::p Yellow lights down the A1.

I drive north of it everyday, Baldock to Buntingford, and all I see is a yellow glow above Stevenage.:eek::(:D

Oh heavens yes with there being too much yellow. But I did mean that according to need-less LP, Stevenage is a Bortle of 8, which means a white zone :mad:

Also it's nice to meet everyone. It's good to find a friendly place and actual support for something I find interesting for a change :eek:

Archived