NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Heads Up! LIDL 10X50 Binos from Feb22

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One set we bought had collimation problems.

We contacted the importers and didn't hear anything, so we contacted Bresser and sent the binos to them.

They sent us a new pair, and many weeks later, the importers also sent us a new pair completely out of the blue ;)

Cheers

Rob

What a coincidence ! :eek:

My wife was looking through the new Argos catalogue today and I noticed they were selling a "no name" pair of 10x50's for £39.99 and I said to her that anyone would be mad to buy them when all they had to do was be patient as Lidl every now and again sell good 10x50's for less than half that price....:evil6:

Don't knock badly collimated binoculars. I once got a pair of badly collimated bins, with one damaged objective lens (dropped on a shop floor I suppose) for next to nothing (5 Dutch Guilders in those days, or GBP 1.50:)), and converted them into one 10x50 finder (human hair is quite good to make the cross-hairs) for my home made 6" F/8 Newtonian (since sold) and a 28mm Kelner EP which I still use in a cheap little 70mm achromat I let the kids use.

I just got a pair of these this morning - they were missing the neckstrap so I'll be going back to get a pair with everything in the box tomorrow.

Visually (and in daylight) they seem fine - very clear and crisp - even the top of a pylon about 1/3rd of a mile away. I have yet to try them at night.

My only complaint is that they smell horrible. Not the usual comforting wiff you get from decent ruberised binocs. It's either the cheap plastic, or they've been sat next to rotting spuds for three months, or the tree the rubber came from is pre-cambrian - but they really do pong!

I bought a pair today, having waited patiently for them to come round again.

However when I got them back home, I found I was unable to focus each lens individually. The dioptre vision adjuster ran out of steam, so one eye was always slightly out of focus.

And I'm not that blind, though I do wear glasses.

Does anyone think that swapping for another pair might rectify this problem?

Anyone else come across this?

Checked them out for dad this morning. Good lenses, polished to the edge, not central polishing only (check this by looking at arms length from the objective towards the eyepiece, and if only centrally polished, you will see a damond or a square in the view, you can't miss it).

So dad's happy. :eek:

I just tried these on the night sky having purchased them this morning. If anyone's interested my comments are here:

http://stargazerslounge.com/equipment-help/97785-how-check-collimation-binoculars-supermarket.html

Not sure if it was the right place to do a first review so I've no objection if moderators want to relocate it.

Just back in from a lightning fast look at the moon with them. They are crisp across a good portion of the FOV! :eek:

Yes the moon viewed at the edge of the FOV needed a focus shift, but for the money, fantastic value. Dads pair seem to focus down to about 12ft as well, if that's any help.

Thanks for the heads-up on them.

Anyone worked out how/what's needed to fix them to a tripod by the way?

eta: thanks for the link to that thread brantuk, there was a link there to the exact thing sold by FLO. :evil6:

Is anyone familiar with the manufacturer of the Lidl Binos Milomex ?

Got mine today and the collimation seems spot on.

Does anyone know how to register the binoculars for warranty purposes as there doesn't seem to be any documentation with the binos and Googling Milomex hasn't produced anything specific.

PS 5 pairs of binos left at Lidl in Hunslet Leeds.

Could any experienced bino users please advise.

It seems I must be a very dodgy character to have eyes so close together!

The adjustment on the Lidl binos is such that I can only just get a circular image and could really do with a fraction more adjustment for comfort.

I am also experiencing a lack of eye relief and find that I need to hold the eyepieces slightly away from my face even with the rubber eyecups twisted out otherwise the the view becomes obscurred but with a few mm clearance it is clear again.

I don't need my glasses when observing.

Archived