Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC 63

CELESCOPE

This is indeed a very faint nebula to be found in the constellation (I think!) of Cassiopeia.

All I can say is 'absolutely awesome' Rog!!! :shock: Spending an hour getting this faint [removed word] in the frame has clearly paid dividends & shows your sheer dedication to the hobby (not sure I would have had that much patience).

A really excellent & very well detailed shot. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Ahh ok Daz ,the fast star system works with the celestron gps8, the secondary mirror is removed and replaced with the fast star lens, this brings the scope down from F10 to F1.95, the beauty of this mean i can capture images in a very short time , supposed to be 30 times faster at F1.95, this helps me a lot in getting very faint objects in a reasonable time,also operating with Alt Az it enables me to capture most images, rotation is processed in Maxim ,but having said all this a wedge is next on my list ,this will give me even more flexibility, and less processing time.

Rog :)

Using the fast star system actually puts the camera at "prime focus", contrary to popular belief.  Placing an eyepiece or camera at the normal place is called "cassegraine focus".  But that's way to hard to say, so most think it's prime focus.

Yet another nearly irrellevant tidbit from Astroman! :)

Ya. With a 20" Ritchey-Cretien from Kitt Peak. Nice skies there. Adam runs the public outreach program there. Notice the other credits on the image. This image is from the "Advanced" program, where for a fee, you get to stay up all night and image, or observe or whatever through that marvelous instrument. Do it yourself, or just give them a list and take home a CD. Awesome!

Archived