NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Interesting north pole detail, Feb 1st

Starman

That's very nice Pete. The final RGB image is astonishing to say the least.

Your blue channel image is how Mars appeared visually for me last night, perhaps with the features slightly darker in the scope. There was a hint of something on the polar cap but nothing more visually for me.

Russ

Hmm, my capture at midnight of 29-30 January showed something similar but as it was only a 4.5-inch instrument, I wasn't sure if it was a true feature. The alignment seems to match, relative to the Acidalia Planitia.

31960d1264972912-mars-starter-scope-adjust-your-expectations-s200.png

No idea Kev. The atmosphere's pretty rarified and I guess with all the sublimation that's occuring as the polar cap warms up, it's pretty easy to create disturbances in the atmosphere like that.

Themos, you defintely have it in your photo. By midnight it had rotated around and no longer looks like it does in my earlier shot. Here's a green capture from last night taken just past midnight...

2010-02-02_00-37-55_Green.jpg

I have to line it up Alan :)

I observed Mars through Patrick Moore's 15" the other night and the view was fantastic. It was really nice to have a visual connection with the planet and to be able to see what it was I had been imaging.

Mars is always exciting!!

As always your detail is very accurrate, with no smear at all, the detail on the NPC rift is very revealing, havent seen it quite like this yet. JUST READ YOUR COMMENTS PETE apologies so its a dust cloud after all, this should change apperance quite fast then. you really got it defined here.

Nice one Pete, weather here has been bad here but after freezing for 3 days in a row think my jibblets need thawing anyway :)

Just done a 13 pane animation from the 30th 31st, but so far my mobile net wont load it. It was made in png, GIF i noticed was effecting quality.

What i need now is video software to do a loop on the png avi, If you know of any. Might do a GIf animation to see if i can upload it though.

Wish i could have seen yours, Must get a proper net connection. dont ever use T mobile really it sucks

Great shot

Archived