Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from Brian in Kent

Brian M

Hi All,

Thought I should say "Hi" as I've used the for sale section a few times but never formally introduced myself.

I live near Tonbridge in Kent and have been interested in Astronomy since I was about 12 or 13 (now late 50's!!). My main interest, and has been for some time, is in occultations. I have an SCT set up in an observatory in the back garden and a 5" Meade LXD refractor that I use when I need to be portable.

I may be a bit slow but is there some help about posting photos on the forum? I was trying to answer a question on the "Beginners Help and Advice" section from a guy who was asking about building an observatory but I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to post pictures.

Thanks

Brian

Hi Brian,

A warm welcome to the forum.

It may be that you are in quick reply mode (at the bottom of the thread). If this is the case, click the advanced tab and you will get some additional options - one of which is attaching files. Hope that is a help.

Steve..

Hi Brian and welcome to SGL there are at least two ways or more of adding an image to the post.

You can create an album under your profile if you click on the control panel button on the top left of the main forum window. Then click on Your Profile then Albums.

If it's a one off picture type you can add an attachment jpg, tiff, bmp to the post by clicking on the go advanced option on the quick reply area. Then type your message then click on the manage attachments link which gives you the option to upload files.

You can also use links to other photo storage sites like flickr etc by clicking on the picture icon in the quick reply area and insert a web link or BB code

Regards

Kevin

Hello from me in Tunbridge Wells, you're the closest member of SGL to me I've seen on here!

If all goes to plan I will take the 'scope out for the first time since NYE tonight, damn you dirty clouds!

Archived