Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M66 & M65 with the TSA 120 & 314L+

FranckiM06

Hello every body,

So, I have shot these galaxy's 2 days a go but my Flatfields were wrong and didn't work ! :) But after 2 days, I decided to show you this image because I think that I got lot of signal and detail in there.

I have done 12 exposures of 240s cooled around -15°:

m66m652iris3csa3.png

Great :)

Excellent detail, and very smooth for such short imaging time.

Those dust problems should be pretty easy to deal with in processing as they are on the background, and not affecting the galaxies.

Cheers

Rob

Several ways Franck.

You could make a false flat, or you could use the 'clone stamp' tool, or shoot some more subs with your camera in a different orientation so the dust is in a different place, and copy and paste the unaffected region from one image to the other.

Cheers

Rob

Hello Franck.

I use the smae thing for my flats, but add a couple of layers of white paper also to dim it down a bit so that I can increase the exposure time to about 2 seconds. A slightly longer exposure seems to give better flats.

Have you bias subtracted your flats?

You need to do this for them to work properly.

Cheers

Rob

Franck, the sky here looks FANTASTIC for tonight. Maybe the same for you? Get out there! The galaxies are quite amazing in this image. I have never seen so much detail from a similar focal length.

If you shot them again but had the camera orientated so that you could add the third of the 'Trio du Lion' you could get it another time and make a mosaic. It is easy. Come and see me and I'll show you!

That Takahashi is GOOD!

Olly

PS For flats I use a luminescent panel from Selectronic in France - thanks to M et Mme 'Chonum' on Webastro.

Olly

Great image Franck :)

It compares very nicely to an LRGB image I made of this galactic couple last year. The equipment is comparable: an 11cm apo (instead of your 12cm) and an Atik 16HR, which is the older sibling of your 314L+.

Exposure times were 105:20:25:20 minutes.

3403459481_8fd1900a36_b.jpg

Peter

Archived