SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A nice suprise

R Fisher

Poor weather this week so have had a chance to do some more processing.

Wasn’t expecting much of this one because NGC7000 sinks to the North West out of my view by app. 23:00. Took a few subs over a couple of evenings during the Xmas holiday while waiting for other targets to come into a good position

The OIII and SII were taken Bin2, was pleasantly surprised by the data

post-18116-133877420249_thumb.jpg

Lovely capture, processing and composition. The Hubble pallete works really well, and I like the fact you've not oversaturated the colours.

I agree, it'd be fine on the wall :)

The coloured halos are mainly down to the stars in the binned channels being quite a bit larger than the stars in the unbinned channel, plus the fact that Ha stars tend to be small anyway.

Cheers

Rob

Thanks for all of the comments.

I was pleased with the image, didn’t think I would have enough detail in the SII. The red pink stars look a bit strange but are an effect of using the Hubble palette. It is certainly one of those targets which look good printed, promotes interest from non stargazers. Will keep the subs and try to add some Bin1 colour later in the year.

Equipment details: William Optics FLT132 telescope and Atik4000 Mono Camera, Astronomik NB Filters. Mounted on a EQ6Pro off axis guided using a Meade DSI2

Totals: 2 Hrs HA Bin1, 75 Mins each OII and SII Bin2.

Cheers

It is very good indeed, as has been said. Persnally (since I don't image beyond a metre of focal length) I stay away from binning wherever there is a narrowband component for the reasons stated by Rob. However, those 'Hubble Haloes' are very small by comparison with what is often seen.

So... a very nice one all round!

Olly

Archived