Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alberio

MartinB

The dawn was lovely and there were a few bright stars still out so decided on one last effort. One of my visual favourites. This is an RGB. The exposure has to be really low to get the colour back when combined. NS8, Atik 2HS at F10 each colour 20x0.5 sec subs. Stacked in registax, combined in ImagesPlus and spiked using Noels actions in photoshop.

To spike or not to spike? I like em here :D

image.jpg

image.jpg

I see :shock:

Each to there own hehe

Had a think about why I sometimes like spikes. Stars twinkle and they shine. Imaged stars don't twinkle or shine, they are inanimate blobs. What's more the blobs are often bigger than the eye perceives stars. So when we look at real or imaged stars we see a load of artefacts. I guess the spikes give a sense of brighness and life. Didn't Monet spend half his life drawing lilies and water to try to represent on canvas the play of light. If you were logical about it you would say his paintings of lilies were spoiled by being badly smudged.

So there you go, it's an impressionist thing :D And I like em

Archived