Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC443 - Jellyfish Nebula HST palette

GordonH

Hi

A week or so ago I posted a Ha image of this subject and 2 weeks ago I managed to get some OIII and posted a Ha (OIII+Ha) OIII composite. I managed to get some SII data last night in between the clouds (which as usual weren't forecast as it should have been clear all night). The image is made up of 11x20 minutes Ha, 12x20 minutes OIII and 9x20 minutes SII.

All the subframes were taken with a FSQ106ED and Starlight Xpress H36 with Astrodon 5nm NB filters. 10x20 minutes darks were used for calibration. The filters were mapped to the HST palette ie SII,Ha,OIII = RGB. I did have a look at doing a CFHT version of Ha,OIII,SII = RGB but on looking at it the colours gave me a headache. The seeing wasn't particularly good last night as there was a lot of low lying mist which eventually put a stop to the imaging session at 4am. I would have liked some more data but the weather is very unpredictable at the moment, there is supposed to be heavy snow early in the morning which means we will probably get a mini heatwave. The Ha and HaOIII versions can be seen on an earlier thread here or on the nebulae 2 page in the image gallery of my website Imaging The Heavens - Home Page

Thanks for looking

Best wishes and a happy new year to all

Gordon

post-13589-133877417359_thumb.jpg

Archived