Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First go at Mars this time round.

geoff_k

Not sure it was worth the effort but you gotta try.

As I'm only getting out about once a month these days, I guess I should be thankful for small mercies.

A few thousand frames from last night with my ATIK camera, 4 Imagemate and Fringe Killer filter (only realised later that I had picked out the wrong one from the box). Re-sizing etc in PS after the event.

We shall try again, conditions permitting.

post-13129-133877415999_thumb.jpg

Geoff, although there's something funny going on with distortion of the shape etc this image looks like it was essentially very good.....resizing/resampling may be a culprit: could we possibly see it more to its original scale....?

Certainly looks like quite a lot of detail was captured!:D:)

Thanks chaps, but the original videos are not that great. I reviewed them today but thre is nothing more to be had from them.

I suspect collimation was not as good as it ought to have been. I do check it religiously but sometimes you just can't. Those of course are the times the sky clears. The scope had been out for several hours so that wasn't a problem.

Not the most photogenic planet. Too small on the webcam chip, too much surface brightness, not close enough, rubbish astro-imager, the list goes on. I often wish that those silly Internet rumours that surface from time to time about Mars being as big as the Full Moon were true for once.

Next time, methinks, possibly a little closer to opposition.

Geoff

Archived