Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hi no idea what im doing :)

moonbeam

Hello.

I just bought my first telescope today :) although it's a christmas present and I'm not allowed to even look at the box when it arrives incase santa takes it back :eek:

Hopefully I'll be allowed to read the destructions so I know where to put my eye.

I live in North Wales.

Thankyou in advance for future help I'm sure to need.

Jim.

oh and I bought it from FLO, steve was very helpful :icon_eek:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Xmas Prezzie Jim.

Don't you worry, once you are allowed to asemble and use your new telescope, the process is fairly intuitive, but should you need help, then there is plenty available to from SGL members. Ask your questions, and they will be answered pronto.

Merry Xmas.

Ron.:)

Thank you for the kind responses :) I'll be sure to post on xmas day wondering why i can see my neighbours doing their washing up but nothing resembling a star.

I got a skywatcher explorer 150P with the EQ3 goto mount, i should probably order a thermal mug too.

Welcome along :icon_eek:

One of the most usful thing I have leant from a helpful member on here is to download a program call "Stellarium" I think its a fantastic program & gives you a very good idea of where to point your scope (neighbours doing their washing up is not included :) )

Merry Xmas

Welcome along :icon_eek:

One of the most usful thing I have leant from a helpful member on here is to download a program call "Stellarium" I think its a fantastic program & gives you a very good idea of where to point your scope (neighbours doing their washing up is not included :) )

Merry Xmas

Thanks downloading that one now :eek:

Hi Jim, Welcome. Just bought the same scope and so far I'm dead chuffed with it. The focuser is so slick compared with the rack 'n pinion on my old tube.

Have hours of fun with it mate.

If Santa is generous you might get a nice cosey hat to keep you head warm too...

Archived