NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn at last whooohoo !

7.13 AM and i creep downstairs get the scope out point my binos just above the moon and bingo there it is SATURN.

So i point the scope loaded with my 17mm plossl and there it is - wow what a sight i could see the rings. So i ramp up the magnification and double wow it looks even better so i run upstairs and woke the wife up to see saturn and even she was impressed - happy days - oh well thats another one under my belt - i think its the best i have seen so far and im walking around in a daze today.

Regards thanks for listening

the first look at Saturn is something special, it`s amazing when you look at it with the naked eye all you can see is a point of light, then turn the scope on it and it`s like you are looking at something total different, it`s like looking into another dimension, rings appear, colours and it`s really is a sight to behold.

well done

Nice one, quite a sight aint she... how are the rings these days? Have they opened up much?

Matt

Wasn't using a barlow so i wasnt that close and also she kept fading - but im hoping for a better view soon

Dazraz Nice one. I was up at 5 this morining and got a great look at saturn too best Ive seen so far also to the left in my field of view could see one of her moons it was about a good inch from saturn I'm presuming it was Titan but I havent checked. Managed to pump up Mag to about 230 X could see a bit of detail occassionally top band. Shame the rings are'nt at a good angle to view better.

We should be in for a great weekend seeing as we should get clear skies all weekend but could get a bit parky out there.

Well done Dazraz, it's those moments that make astronomy so special and personal. I really like reading your reports, your enthusiasm is infectious, here's to many more special moments, have you tried any of the open and globular clusters? these will also give you that wow factor. Happy gazing

Carl

Big serious meeting at work yesterday, lots of "I am your new manager" shouting at us lowly staff....I just switched off and imagined the peace and serenity of that early morning's observing when I observed Saturn & Mars...desite the cold and variable conditions in this country, astronomy has it's good points...:)

Some sight Heh? The thing is, it's beauty gets better each time you look at it. Anyone not impressed with that celestial wonder, don't have a soul.

Nice one, you're an astronomer for life now.

Ron.:eek:.

Not sure I would be brave enough to wake the wife though.:):eek::icon_eek:

Archived