NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

a little late, but i got here

genesis

hi all, at last, it only took 50 years to get here from the first time that i thought about getting interested in viewing the stars and planets, now all i need to do is get the grey matter to take all this on board. i am not into the technical stuff, just happy to view for myself what is out there. got a skywatcher 102 EQ2, when i figure out which end to look thru i should be ok. hoping to join a local club and see if i can inlist some practical help from the other members. well as soon as there is a break inthe weather i hope to start a long awaited hobbie. till i have more to tell you . bye for now.

Welcome!

It doesnt matter how long it took you to get here - you got here thats the important point. I would recommend getting into the local astronomy society, you will meet lots of folk with similar interest that locally you can learn from.

Im sure everyone here will also help

Best wishes

**WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING**

Welcome to SGL.....

I'm still quite a noob myself, but it's such a great atmosphere here I can't stay away.... Hence the warning. There's always something of interest being discussed here, and even if you don't feel able to contribute too much at first there is a wealth of info to be gleaned by lurking around the threads.

It can be quite addictive though!

Clear Skies to you sir!

Mike

**WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING*****WARNING**

Welcome matey potatey! Ignore all the jargon spouters...they really do mean no harm.... :) But people really are impressed when you can point to a star and tell them it's name ,distance from the earth and it's magnitude etc..really they are.....honest...it's true guv...bloke down pub told me it was!

Archived