Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st ever viewing & image of Mars

beamish

It's been a bl&&dy long wait for me to get to see the Red Planet and despite the apparent good conds. truth was there was a fair bit of turbulence and thin high cloud creeping in when I got up this am to bring to life the kit that was set out last night.

So my 1st ever image of Mars and reasonably happy, shot with, ( cheers Legion !), 8mm Tv plossl and the QHY5 projection method.

Made the unfortunate mistake of thinking the dew shield would be enough :icon_eek: but evidence of a bit of dew on the front plate shows up as the soft halo :hello2: Not great I know, bit cheesed at finding the bank of cloud when I got outside.

Onwards and upwards.

post-13438-133877412281_thumb.jpg

Great image, shows much detail. When I was a young boy, only the large observatories could get this kind of image. It's a great age we live in, when we can do the same, from our yards with a small telescope. I hope to get out soon myself to image mars. Thanks for sharing.

regards

Ed

Wow, cheers guys :icon_eek: 2hrs in the cold and less than 5mins AVI to show for it :hello2:

Just wish I'd put the dew strap on, (have to, now I've shortened the dewshield to avoid the weight and sail effect). Got to the oint where i was getting some great scale and detail then poowf- DISAPPEARED ! wtf, CLOUD and lots more coming in fast so called it a day. But yeah practice deffo !!

It's been a bl&&dy long wait for me to get to see the Red Planet and despite the apparent good conds. truth was there was a fair bit of turbulence and thin high cloud creeping in when I got up this am to bring to life the kit that was set out last night.

So my 1st ever image of Mars and reasonably happy, shot with, ( cheers Legion !), 8mm Tv plossl and the QHY5 projection method.

Made the unfortunate mistake of thinking the dew shield would be enough :mad: but evidence of a bit of dew on the front plate shows up as the soft halo ;) Not great I know, bit cheesed at finding the bank of cloud when I got outside.

Onwards and upwards.

That's a really good result Karlo. :icon_eek: Is that you hooked now on EP projection.:hello2:

:icon_eek: Cheers L48, aye I think it might be !

I still want to play around with the distance to cam to see about improving scale, then do a comparison against a 4x IM, hey perhaps both :mad:

A night of firsts !!

Just been studying SN6 and later this month and in particular mid-late Jan Mars is HUGE, so fingers x'd I'll be out to get more practice b4 then :hello2:

Karlo

Archived