Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Leonids shower

Sunwind

Leonid Meteor Shower: Best Sky Show Tonight

During the 2009 Leonid meteor shower, you may see anywhere from 30 to 300 shooting stars an hour, depending on whether you're in the right place to see tonight's showy peak, experts predict. With the highest number of meteors streaking across the skies around 4:45 p.m. ET on November 17, the full Leonids peak will be effectively invisible for viewers in North America and Europe.

shame i'm at work tonight :rolleyes:

If I've got my bearings right, you should be able to see some around Auriga (you don't want to look at the radiant, but about 30 degrees away from it) at about peak time tonight... if of course you can actually see the sky :rolleyes:

Just seen one about 1.30am not with the scope but naked eye sort of South East roughly. No shower though sort of mid way between Orin and Mars. Off to bed happy or saw something saw mars for the first time tonight. Need a bigger scope its tiny all in all had a great nights viewing gave me a buzz.

Archived