SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M57 The Ring

russ

Hi all,

got out last night. A stunning night for my backgarden. I know it's a goodun when i can see the milkyway and the milkyway was easy.

Decided to give M57 another go. For some reason I just cannot get an image of this object that i'm happy with. Glad to say this is my best yet. Sadly slightly ruined by a badly polar aligned mount. Normally 45sec subs are no problem for the EQ6 but only when it's owner takes the time to polar align. But at least i'm step closer to a good M57 image.

17 x 45secs @ 1600iso.

image.jpg

Regards

Russ

Hi Rog,

I used ImagesPlus v2.10a for stacking but i may have rushed it. Do you think MaximDL will do a better job?

I do have a copy around somewhere.

I'll try tweaking the colour. Trouble is the Canon really doesn't do well with the Red. But i'm sure i can get some more out.

Thanks Rog.

Regards

Russ

Nice one Russ, had a little play to remove some of the star trails - and I've also managed to get a little more red out than you have in the image.

Very nice shot! Certainly one fo the best I've seen from a 300D - and you have the central star - the real one as well as the imposter!

Ant

Nice one Russ, had a little play to remove some of the star trails - and I've also managed to get a little more red out than you have in the image.

Very nice shot! Certainly one fo the best I've seen from a 300D - and you have the central star - the real one as well as the imposter!

Ant

Can you post the image for us to see?

BTW nice image Russ.

Hey guys,

Right here's Ant's tune up of my original. Very pleased.....thanks matey :) :) :o:):o:)

Had a nice trip down Essex way this afternoon to collect my new scope.....a Celestron C8 :o Which is now happily sitting on the EQ6 under a bleddy awful sky. More about the Celestron in another thread. But good to see Ant again, all be it for about 15mins. Got held up on the M25, some silly sod in a tanker went off the motorway and caused a huge tail back around Dartford. At least the journey back was quick and i got back on time or else my wife would have killed me.

Ant's done a great job with the image. More red and less trailing.

image.jpg

Russ

You're welcome mate, all I did was the standard process for the star trails - The image wouldn't take two nudges for some reason which is why there are still slight trails.

The bring out the red, all I did was, in the Layers window - select the red channel only and processed that on it's own, then once finished re combined then into rgb and there you have it!

Ant

• 2 weeks later...

Archived