Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi From Kent

chaotician

Hi All,

I am Matte I am from Folkestone in Kent, and I have literally justt bought my first telescope from First Light Optics, it's a Skywatcher Explorer 150P with an EQ3-2 mount. I literally had the packages delivered to work today (that drew a few odd looks I'll tell you) and I just put it together about five minutes ago.

Anyhoo, I hope, once I have the measure of finding objects in the sky to get a motorised mount and start to do a bit of astrophotography.

I hope to be taking to people on here a lot more ad look forward to seeing some of you at star parties.

Cheers,

Matte

Hi Matte!

Welcome to the long and slippery slope of never ending equipment addiction....just 1 more inch..I can handle it! Before you know it you´ll have a 16" monster with giant field tripod and be constantly complaining about the weather!

Neil C

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm looking forward to getting home this evening and getting my scope out for a quick play on the cliffs around town. Though I think it may be a taxi job as my other half has the car today and I don't quite fancy the walk the the spot I've recce 'd out (the mount is considerably heavier than I thought!!).

Still I've got my fingers crossed for good weather, but I've already packed a tarp.

I'll let you know how I get on,

Matte H

Hi Matt and welcome from Ashford,

as long as you get a few hours gazing i'm sure you will be hooked even more,

should be good views from the cliff area just a bit of light from the towns, hope it stays clear for you.

regards ron.s.g

Oh by the way, does anyone here belong to the Ashford Astronomical Society? I was at the Astrobash with my girlfriend, I had the long blonde hair and my G/F is the one with the Purple Hair. So yeah just trying to put a name to my face if we spoke.

Matte

Archived