Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cartes du Ciel v3

Hi.

Anyone have problems with this program.....

I downloaded it the other day as have been using the tried and tested v2.76 for a while now. It worked fine when I downloaded it. Now it doesn't show any stars, even though the star icon is selected:icon_eek::icon_eek:?

Any ideas guys?

stef

Normally a reinstall when I mess something up solves it for me, not ideal but aleast it works.:icon_eek:

Still trying to figure out how to get it to display the Messier No.'s ?:)

I've made myself a custom CDC3 catalogue with just the Messier catalogue objects in it. You could disable the other DSO catalogues and just enable that? Would that help? Does this forum have filesharing?

edit: download this

http://www.divshare.com/download/9169794-572

unzip it somewhere where you'll find it.

From CDC go to the setup menu and chose catalogue

From the 1st tab (the one with the catgen button) click "add"

go to where you unzipped

select the file

enable that catalogue

disable the other DSO catalogues on the DSO tab

click ok etc

I've made myself a custom CDC3 catalogue with just the Messier catalogue objects in it. You could disable the other DSO catalogues and just enable that? Would that help? Does this forum have filesharing?

edit: download this

messier.zip - DivShare

unzip it somewhere where you'll find it.

From CDC go to the setup menu and chose catalogue

From the 1st tab (the one with the catgen button) click "add"

go to where you unzipped

select the file

enable that catalogue

disable the other DSO catalogues on the DSO tab

click ok etc

Thanks Odd Dob, :icon_eek:

Thats me all sorted then mate, thanks again it was getting on my nerves trying to figure it out.

Dave

• 1 year later...

Hello, 'bumped' this thread seeing as I've just (after delaying for more than a year) upgraded to CdC 3. I've been running CdC 2.76 successfully for several years and wanted to keep it on my PC alongside CDC3 'just in case'.

I managed to do that, but not without a bit of a hiccup: the install of v3 over-wrote something in the registry and forced me to restore defaults in v2 and re-configure it from scratch. This was painful but I think I've managed that now, and both v2 and v3 are working alongside each other OK. I shall not dump v2 until I'm totally familiar with everything about v3.

I have found that I'm able to 'share' catalogues between the two versions. In particular the monster USNO catalogue (for stars) and PGC (for galaxies) don't have to be duplicated on my HD. This is helpful.

One little niggle I've got, there doesn't seem to be an option to 'always exit without saving', as there was in v2. It always prompts me.

Have there been any other reviews of CdC 3 on SGL, since this one? I can't see any.

Archived