Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M42 from Tilshead "SPOG"

Milliways

Very, very nice Dave, lovely round stars and beautifully framed. You've really got the hang of polar aligning that cannon of yours and to think you don't even auto-guide. How did you get on with the Hotech and did it show any difference to your laser?

PS. could do with it back asap as we have been invited to take Steph's dob to a friends tomorrow night as they have much darker skies, not that the weather looks promising but you never know.

I'm really pleased you posted that - it was great to see the shots appear on the night, and so it's lovely to see the end result.

Thanks mate, was a really good night and was a pleasure to meet you, hope to see you there for the next one!! ;)

Thanks for all the fantastic coments ;) i am starting over again as i lost all my data, so i think i will attack the M42 and get tonnes of subs. Deneb, yeah I only take unguided shots, mostly because i cant afford to guide lol, but also i think that you get a real sense of achievement when you get the polar alignment spot on :) i think the next thing i will do is get rid of the filter on my camera, so i can pick up the all important Hydrogen Alpha wavelengths!

Archived