Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got My Scope Back

cosmic dave

Picked up my scope from Beacon Hill telescopes this morning. Never having owned a reflector before (I have always been a refractor type) I bought a second hand 8" Newtonian (Orion) from a guy that lives in the same village as me. I got it at a great price but wanted it checked over. Anyway its all OK the scope has been taken to bits, cleaned (inc mirrors) and all lined up again. All for twenty quid, I thought that wasn't bad. :D

Now can I have a clear night please I want to take it out for a try Jupiter is calling :)

Beacon Hill Telescopes. He advertises in astronomy now, the guy is based nr Louth in Lincolnshire (near to where I live) He is the president of Cleethorpes AS and has been making scopes for years. The service was great and the guy was very knowledgeable. :D

Surely it was the checkup by Barry that cost £20, not the scope.

The 8" Newtonian is a workhorse, and you will get a lot of wonderful Observing from it. Take good care of it, and it will last a lifetime.

Let's hope for some cracking winter skies.:D

Ron.

Yeah The £20 was for the check up. I paid £180 for the scope with a rock solid EQ pillar mount, and observatory pillar mount (one that bolts to the floor) 3 EPs and and sky atlas. So that's £200 all in, that's quite a bargain me thinks :D

Archived