NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tonight I shall mostly be... Imaging the Bubble

Psychobilly

Great start Peter, keep at it!

Just grabbed a load of data (Ha, OIII & RGB) to add to my Crescent from earlier in the year, and now shooting NGC891, LRGB.

If I can keep up the pace, after 3 nights straight, I'll move on to the Crab next.

Good photon gathering!

Rob

That's got to be the best 'rough' I've seen to date! Should be fantastic when you finish it.

I'm also on an NGC891 LRGB attempt at the moment!

Cheers,

Rich.

Cheers Rich I have a new "workflow"...

Up to 3h10m at the moment rejected a load of subs as I am also playing with different Dec guiding settings at the moment and looking at the effect of the changes on a couple of 7m30s subs...

post-14969-133877400946_thumb.jpg

Hopefully get another 5 hours on it tonight...

Nice work Peter...tonight I am caving, and also Cocooning... (have two setups running at the mo... one mine, the other a review rig...live Mesh monitoring one to the other.. CLS/RGB on Coccon right now, and H-Alpha/OIII/SII on the Cave

Sounding and looking good guys, I'm trying out a new arrangement at the mo, Canon 400d with a 70-200mm f/4.0 EF lens guided with an ST80 and a webcam. Initial results seem good on M31, quite nice framing, light polution is limiting me to 4 min subs at though. Can't wait for my CLS filter to arrive. :o

Got about an hours worth so far, I started late, was at a BBQ. :)

Jordan

I'm doing a bunch of galaxies around ngc7626 in Pisces/pegasus in mono only, back up to 1200s subs again

Peter I can sympathise if you are having an issue with dec guiding as mine was a pain earlier

i've just been out to replace the batteries on my street lamp calmer and somebodies set fire to what smells like rubber

If this was where we used to live I would be expecting a burnt out car on the field in the morning not had anything like that in the 18 months we've been here

Keep the photons coming

Steve

Lost about half the subs overnight to Dec guiding issues - The RA is superb since the rebuild just wish I could get teh DEC sorted...Sayign that the other option is improving the levelling and PA of the mount as then it shouldn't have to guide in dec at all so the covers will be coming off after I have had a few hours Ugly....

Anyway ...

Ended up with 5h5m of "useable" subs maybe should be more ruthless and drop a few lower scoring ones so here's a rough of the bubble...

Bubble-5h5m.jpg

It's been left in no-mans land really where there is not enough "signal" in the fainter outer nebulosity so its a bit noisy... but I wanted to leave it in the image... the couple of hours of lost subs would have really helped :o

Sounds like a few other people are having Fun anyway...

time to close up the Obs and hit the Sack...

Peter...

Archived