• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ade,

I used a programme called WcRmac

WcRmac - Description

(read the disclaimer though)

The basic info for this session on Jupiter with a small scope is:

Focus, focus and then re-focus (this is probably 3/4 of the session):)

Camera - Toucam 840K - reflashed using WcRmac to use Colour Optimised Non Raw Mode.

QCFocus capture - 10 fps at 33 (saturation at 50% for planet, 0% for moons) - each avi was 1 minute.

Alignment/Stacking/Wavelets - I used 'double alignment', choosing what I thought was the best frame for the first pass, then using the frame at the top of the Framelist for a second pass alignment.

I am also ran a reference frame of around 100 frames, applying a minimal (4.0) value on wavelet 3 and an rgb alignment before then running the main stacking. This always seems to work quite well for me.

I used 1.5x resampling (Lanczos) during stacking, then shrunk it back down to actual after wavelets before saving.

This seemed to work quite well.

Processing - used Michael Vinthers Image Analyzer - Adaptive Noise Reduction and Motion Blur deconvolution - this is one of the best processing tools I have found.

CS2 - simple Curves and levels adjustment, then saving to jpeg format for web publishing.

..and that's about it!

Tony

Ade,

I used a programme called WcRmac

WcRmac - Description

(read the disclaimer though)

The basic info for this session on Jupiter with a small scope is:

Focus, focus and then re-focus (this is probably 3/4 of the session):)

Camera - Toucam 840K - reflashed using WcRmac to use Colour Optimised Non Raw Mode.

QCFocus capture - 10 fps at 33 (saturation at 50% for planet, 0% for moons) - each avi was 1 minute.

Alignment/Stacking/Wavelets - I used 'double alignment', choosing what I thought was the best frame for the first pass, then using the frame at the top of the Framelist for a second pass alignment.

I am also ran a reference frame of around 100 frames, applying a minimal (4.0) value on wavelet 3 and an rgb alignment before then running the main stacking. This always seems to work quite well for me.

I used 1.5x resampling (Lanczos) during stacking, then shrunk it back down to actual after wavelets before saving.

This seemed to work quite well.

Processing - used Michael Vinthers Image Analyzer - Adaptive Noise Reduction and Motion Blur deconvolution - this is one of the best processing tools I have found.

CS2 - simple Curves and levels adjustment, then saving to jpeg format for web publishing.

..and that's about it!

Tony

Thanks for that Tony :D

Have downloaded Image Analyzer already :)

Trying to get my head around the Motion Blur deconvolution :)

Cheers

Jon

Thanks for that Tony :)

Have downloaded Image Analyzer already :)

Trying to get my head around the Motion Blur deconvolution :)

Cheers

Jon

Jon,

I tend to just do "guess" on both axes and then "do iteration" - if it looks 'over the top', I just leave the image alone.

Next, I move on to the "adaptive noise reduction".

Tony

I then get 'Error - No filter specified'

Jon,

I've had that myself on one or two occasions. TBH, I have no idea why!

I tend to use Image Analyzer as an additional check rather than an essential one. You might try the filter below Motion Blur (I think it's Circular or Spherical - can't check at the 'mo) as this sometimes gives good results.

Tony

I hope you don't mind tony :) I have been playing with Your Jupiter shot to see if I can get more detail without over cooking:rolleyes: I still have a way to go

No probs Clayton :)

I did get more a little detail than the image I posted but I tend to compromise for a less noisy image with the limited detail a small scope can give. I think there's a fine line between detail and artefact that makes me nervous :)

Tony

Jon,

I've had that myself on one or two occasions. TBH, I have no idea why!

I tend to use Image Analyzer as an additional check rather than an essential one. You might try the filter below Motion Blur (I think it's Circular or Spherical - can't check at the 'mo) as this sometimes gives good results.

Tony

OK. I'll have a play...

Cheers

Jon

Archived