Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from cloudy Camberley

matthelliwell

I thought I'd better to the polite thing and say hello. SWMBO has convinced me to give up my motorbike so the money that was left after having my eyes lasered (which has got to make using a telescope easier!) has just been spent on a 10" flextube Skywatcher Skyliner.

A long time ago I managed to do a degree in Astrophysics without going near a telescope so its time I rectified that.

Matt

Having thunk' on it.........i think you maybe right Ron :(:D.......everyone has different experiences don't they.....And scope is a really good swap :).

enjoy your 10" newt Matt you'll see some amazing stuff with that.

regards craig

Hi Matt I'm a newbie here too. Tell me how you get on with the skywatcher please mate as Im looking to get my next scope and thats one is on my shortlist.

regards steve

Well it turned up yesterday and I managed to get 1/2 an hour on it before bedtime. I saw lots of stars despite the blasted flats around me having lights on in the gardens.

First impressions are that it works a lot better once you take the dustcaps off (why can't I see anything, it's all black, panic, panic!). It is also just about movable by myself to get it into the decking.

I've printed off http://www.jodrellbank.manchester.ac.uk/astronomy/nightsky/ so I'll have a clue what I can look for.

Matt

Archived