Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

clear skyie

steve_bham

Clear down the road in cov, maybe we'll get an hour. depends how thick the cloud is, it looks low and murky.

If Peter or Kevin are reading this, they'll already know.

I've set up anyways, about halfway through my first sub, so hope it lasts a little while, its the darkest I've seen here for ages.

TJ

you SURE its cloudy Steve? The milky way is really visible here, really quite bright, and not just a smudge, you can see the variations with the dust areas in Cygnus. It's not often I can say that from here.

Whereabouts in the countryside do you head to btw?

I have just spent an hour ouside, 10:45pm - 11:20pm....

It was clear for the first 20 minutes, then it clouded over. The rest of the time was spent playing peekaboo with the stars, as they appeared and dissapeared behind wisps of lovely cloud..........If this is a government torture device, well I could have given in and told them all my secrets..........

Hmmph. I'm going to bed...:)

I take mine back. The clouds keep appearing thick looking on the horizon, but when they go overhead they are thin and well spaced, not even one ping from phd so far.

That's 3.5hrs of OIII data I didnt expect :)

My rowdy drug addict neighbours are having a very loud BBQ and drunken event in their garden. If it does cloud over and the kit goes to bed, i'm gonna go bang on the fence and tell them to shut it. But for now, i'm glad they are keeping me awake :) (even so, when my kids get up at the crack of dawn, i'll psych 'em up a bit and get them squealing wildly in the garden, which in turn will wind up the dogs who will then bark for England. Payback's a peach :rolleyes: )

When my neighbours have late night BBQs I live in fear of someone sticking their head over the fence and asking to have a look through my telescopes. I hate to be rude but theres only so polite you can be when telling someone "No chance, @*@# off"

Hehe there was a party somewhere along our street with reggie music blasting out keeping me awake whilst I was imaging and persied watching. All I can say if I had been due to go to work today I would have been kicking their door in and disconnecting their mains electric :)

Regards

Kevin

Well that turned out to be quite a night. I got 12 x 1800 pics, plus the great sight this morning of the moon, mars, venus and orion all climbing over my fence into the sky, couldnt resist a couple of widefields on them with camera, bet they are blurry though, my eyes still are!

Better get some kip now I guess, it'll be time any minute to help the neighbours enjoy the morning too :)

I had a peek out before I went to bed around 4:30 and the sight on the Eastern horizon was something else! I was tempted to set back up for another half hour but was too tired by that point to summon up the will.

Same here, i snuck out at about 4am and the sky was beautiful, even from my light polluted London backyard! Within the first 30 seconds of being out i saw a meteor shoot past Jupiter, not sure if it was a Perseid though. I can only imagine what the sky would have looked like without the light pollution.

When you posted this I looked outside...

SAT24 and the MET Office websites clearly showed clouds over Lancashire... Yet! There were stars all over the place WTF..... :)

Grabbed the Astrotrac... Thank de lord for astrotrac.... Got 2 hours in...

cant wait for me obsy... :)

Roll on Obsy.... err I mean roll off Obsy ... LOL...

Guy..

Archived