Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

zenithstar help please

hello im very new to this fourm and in need of help. i have just got a new zenithstar 70 now this may be a silly question but i do not want to damage it before ive had the pleasure of using it ..

how does the retractable dew sheild work, also i have a celestron 6 se and want to attach it to the mount what is the best way to do so

thank you....toby

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ive tryed the dew sheild and all i managed to do was unscrew part of the scope not sure what i was doing so quickly did it back up ,my se does have one though im guessing this means taking things apart can i buy one for the zs.... thank you for your help

well can you post some pics up, of your se & zenithstar. As it should not unscrew anything when you retract the dew shield. ta

It will unscrew the lens cell if you keep turning, all my other zenithstars did, its not a problem just dont turn it over 1cm.

Mick.

Not quite sure ive got this but do you want to attach your ZS70 to your 6se's mount, if you do i think the attachment shoe on the 70 will fit in the same way as the 6se, :)

Regards Mick.:)

yep thats what i want to do.... hopefuly i know its the same shape though its a bit small and would be very close to the mount if you understand what im saying!! do you think this would been a problem. i think its about 50 pound for a wo dovetail bar i would rather spend the cash and get the parts for the job than chance damaging or scraching the scope or the lovely finsh .do you think im been over the top

yep thats what i want to do.... hopefuly i know its the same shape though its a bit small and would be very close to the mount if you understand what im saying!! do you think this would been a problem. i think its about 50 pound for a wo dovetail bar i would rather spend the cash and get the parts for the job than chance damaging or scraching the scope or the lovely finsh .do you think im been over the top

Ive put mine onto a dovetail bar but i can't remember where i got it sorry, second hand i think.

I will try and dig out a pic.

Mick.:)

I am not directly familiar with the Zenithstar 70 but if it has the same shoe as the Megrez 72 then not only will it's shoe fit directly into the 6SE's saddle but it will also be removaeble so you can rotate it 180-degrees and refit it for a better balance when using a large diagonal/eyepiece/camera/binoviewer.

HTH

thank you i dont surpose you or know any one who would be willing to give me tips or advice from time to time ive tryed looking on the net though there is so many sites and finding the right one is a pain . i have a eos and dsi pro 2

what you think? im well chuffed

Very topical. I just got my ZS70 today. I'm well chuffed too! The dovetail is a bit short and it is tailheavy when fitted with 2" diagonal and 2" eyepiece, but not umanageable. I bought mine to use a grab'n'go scope on a photographic tripod or my Giro III mount. As the supplied foot fits both a tripod and Vixen-style dovetail, sorted! Eventually I'm going to use it as a guide scope for my Megrez 90.

post-13618-133877390209_thumb.jpg

Archived