NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Greetings from Nevada

Wyldcard

Hello to all my fellow stargazers out there.

I am fairly new to this great hobby and have learned alot already from what i have read on this site,i have to say its one of the best ones out here:headbang:

I have a Orion Starmax 127M on a EQ-3 GEM,its a nice little performer over all,but IMHO best on the Moon,i have spent hours upon hours just exploring our closest neighbor in the heavens.

Just wanted to get my feet wet in here and say hello to you alll.

Clear skies to all,

Mark

Hello and welcome to the SGL Forum Mark.

It's a nice compliment you pay us, and most members will readily agree with you. I'm sure your astronomy will improve via these boards.

You have a very nice telescope in the 127, an Ideal instrument for Lunar observations, and indeed Imaging.

There is a wealth of knowledge within the ranks here, so if there is any help you may require, feel free to ask your questions, and replies will flood in for you.:)

There are a number of you countrymen and ladies already well established here, so you can feel at home.

Best Wishes.

Ron.:)

Welcome Mark.

I suspect your skies in Nevada are a lot clearer than here in the UK!

I agree that the moon is fascinating, although not always welcome if you're hunting for faint DSOs. However, they're all different aspects to a wonderful hobby.

Take some tips from Carol (Talitha) and have a go at sketching the moon. Quite challenging!

Archived