Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Deep Impact 10:20pm BBC1 tonight

ashenlight

"how ig was the one that killed the dinosaurs".....the most annoying line ever...

Great film apart from that, superb direction, and not as gung ho as Armageddon "let me shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man....ya de ya......" (second most annoying line ever)

But it did have Jason "You might want to listen to him, he's probably the smartest guy on the planet" Isaacs..... with some of the best and most condescending lines ever, on the subject of the presidents science advisor and his degree grades..

Good heads up...thanks!

Enjoyable film. Defo one of the better disaster type movies around.

Thanks for the heads up.

I reckon Morgan Freeman is one my fav actors of the last decade or so. I saw him recently in a very low budget 'independant' film, playing himself. Great stuff.

Cheers,

Andy

Very enjoyable film but I had to stop myself picking holes in the astronomy parts.

Sigh.........I do that too, much to the annoyance of Allison. Too many times to remember, slippers have been flung my way !! "Why can't you just enjoy it" she asks. Easier said than done says I

The worst has to be Hollyoaks or Hollyp**h as I like to call it. A character on there, who wears a wooly bunnet and has a welsh accent, on more than one occasion, has been seen with a newtonian reflector. Great thought I. Popularising astronomy........My ar*e he is!! The plonker had the thing pointed to the ground.....ARGHHHHHH. I now just need to sigh, regarding it and am asked to leave the room......hehehe.

Andy.

I remember reading a review at the time when it was released that said something along the lines that the film was ridiculous and implausible....

...because it was highly unlikely that the american people would vote for a black president unless it was set in the distant future...

Some things do change for the better.

Personally, I think Morgan Freeman makes a great president. Almost as good as Martin Sheen.

She was going...but then saw a little girl who was about to die because of s short straw..

I have to say, given the circumstances, her mother just having died, her father waiting to die...no other family...I would probably do the same..

the beuty of this film was it concentrated more on peoples reactions to the news rather than on the actual event and the effort to prevent it. have you ever heard Dr pamela Gay's reactions if someone mentions armaggedon ? what ever you do don't tell her you like that film :)

Archived