NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

If you had £2000 to spend....?

GazOC

I'd put an observatory up in the back garden, and worry about the new toy's, for later on.

Had a look at some of the designs on C/N forum, & for two grand you'd have a decent perminant set up.

I would say that though having a large garden,not so practical with a small garden though.

Mick

..but if.....? :D

Hhmmm,

If I were starting afresh with £2000, I'd probably do the same again: A large-aperture Dob for deep-sky, a Catadioptric for solar (with suitable filter!) lunar and planets, a Grab & Go refractor for camping trips and StarryNight software for cloudy nights. None of these would be exotics as I would also need a couple of good Plossls, a 2" widefield, an Orthoscopic and a Barlow.

One thing I would do differently is invest in a good GEQ so that I can use setting circles ... like the big boys do.

If I were in your situation Gaz (loads of kit already), depending on my skies, I'd buy either an APO refractor or a 12" Dob with a top quality mirror set.

C11 without doubt matey... I've just missed out on one for under £200 :shock:... yes I kid you not - it was a buy it now from ebay china and he was happy to ship for £75!!!

C11 :D

Cheers Chaps,

I think the "masterplan" is going to be a big SCT for my EQ6 and maybe a set of Stratus/Hyperions (I've got the 17mm, and really rate it)....I just wish I could get a 16" Dob out of my patio doors..... :D

Gaz

Your dream mount is an EQ6? I want something like a paramount ME that only weighs 10kg but is still solid. Oh and a 12" APO to go on top :D

All for £1.99 on ebay and through some glitch only i can bid. THAT'S my dream mount ..... maybe im wierd.

And your right about the C11 then if you dont want a G11 or CGE.

Archived