Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Got my Scope n Mount

OXO

:) :),

Scope and Mount arrived safe and sound this afternoon unpacked everything and went about setting it all up.

First off there are no instruction's dont know if this is normal synta ? Anyway having experience of setting other scopes up it wasn't a problem. Managed to set it all up in 15Min's 5 Min's of which was looking for the counter weight bar alas it's built into the Mount and you have to pull a lever across to dislodge it(nice feature).

The overall weight it's quite easy to carry around i was expecting a much heavier experience but gladly i can lift it of which is most useful to me as i will be carrying it around to the front garden now and again via my side alley gate:).

Batteries oh batteries hehe i bought 4 decent batteries for the mount to find i need eight  :o blumming power station next purchase :)

Well thats the mount over with now onto the OTA as i have owned the scope before and Ant has the same setup i wont go into much detail only to say it's all Mint as you would expect haven't tested the collimation yet but will do later. One thing i didn't remember it being as big but yet quite light cool!..

So something must of gone wrong? well yes the promised 28mm 2" eyepiece didn't appear anywere so i phone the shop and they are getting one off to me from the suppliers i did get how ever the old setup synta 20mm and barlow(quite nice little barlow) so problem solved  :lol:

Now off to get some batteries owch.

James :[glow=red,2,300]D :lol::o:):o[/glow]

Yep!! daily mirror book of excuses never fails :)

Just about to go for some batteries for the HEQ5 when the mrs come's in with 8 batteries for me :shock: and they were the right one's :shock: :shock:, just asked her how the hell she knew i needed batteries let alone 8 of them and i just got a wink????? anyhow well done that women :)

Tried out the motor's blimey there quite and everything seems to be in working order!GREAT! :)

James.

PS:If there no clear nights for 3 months i am sorry.:)

Oh dear that's awful! I just hate those HEQ5's, i mean what a pile of junk and that 200 reflector....well it should be okay for looking at nextdoors bedroom i suppose. May just sneak a look at the moon with it .Personally i would have gone with that Tasco from Argos...far superior piece of kit :) :) :) :) :o

Great stuff James. Now Skyscan :sunny:

Russ

Archived