Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Few Beginner Prime Focus Pics Lunar

rubbertoebooks

Nothing spectacular... but a start!!

RTB:)

But a very good start.

Nicely centered and correct orientation.

The focus looks good on all the shots but i love the contrast on shot number one.

Paul

I couldnt resist having a play with the second one...

[ATTACH]24066[/ATTACH]

Made a black and white copy which I then played about with the Curves on...

brought a cople of copies of this in as Luminace layers over the original blue moon.... and then tweaked the layer opacities..

I couldnt resist having a play with the second one...

Thanks Psychobilly, looks good, I'm open to any tips or improvements!!

Something I'm trying to get to grips with is all the processing terminology etc, what's best for pics etc.

I've only been using Paint Shop Pro which was on my PC and also the free imaging software with this month's Sky At Night.

Any recommendations for imaging software?

RTB

Hi RTB,

I dont know what's on the Sky at Night CD I must admit I never take them out of the case... GIMP is another feature rich free processing app and I really should spend some time using it ... in fact i'll have a look at it tonight to see how it compares..

I didnt see my re-process of your image as an improvement rather than an alternative representation ... your image accurately reflects the moment ... I wanted to make it a bit more moody...

Peter...

Archived