Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Singers You Like Or Dislike

Carl

Hi all

Since we have had films we like dislike i thought that we would singers we liked disliked

My favourite singers are:

Male

1)Michael Jackson

2)Craig David

3)Jamiriqui

Female

1)Kylie Minogue

2)Shania Twain

Dislike

1)50 Cent

2)eminem(like the sweets though :))

3)Fat joe

4)The Game

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Carl,

Not into my singer's so much always liked instrumentals better myself but here goes the one's i do like..

Dave Brock (Hawkwind)

Enya

Moya Brennan of Clannad

Lisa Gerrard (dead can dance)

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)

Cant think of much else?..

That`s just it peeps don`t think about his childhood and his singing career,all peeps think about is he has had plastic surgery and been in court ,that`s it they don`t like him,just because of that.

I don`t jugde michael by won`t he looks like i  judge him by what he sings like

Oh year that reminds me i got his essential cd today it`s the best cd i`ve listened to.

The one thing that really annoys me about him is that he had a good looking face and he has changed  it to looking like a freak. :x

None the less he`s still the best ever singer there is and everrrrrr willl be :) :)

I think it's said what Michael Jackson has become, underneath his just a messed up kid who had an abusive father, no childhood and was exploiited to make record label fat-cats lots of money...

Notice I said, "entertainer", not "singer". I think there are lots of better singers around. Paul Rogers from Bad Company for one, Sammy Hagar from Van Halen for two. But the whole stage presence package, he's nearly untouchable. (There's a joke in there somewhere, I just know it.)

The one thing that really annoys me about him is that he had a good looking face and he has changed it to looking like a freak.

I have to agree with that.

Please remember folk's everyone likes differant thing's and please respect that as i dont want this turning into a slagging off match.Just a thought in advance :)

James

my likes (I'm a bit of an (increasingly) old soul boy):

Otis Redding

Wilson Picket

Paul Weller

Smokey Robinson

I'm also a big fan of hip hop, nothing too exteme but Tupac, Dre, Public Enemy that sort of generation, I'm a bit behind the times these days.

Dislikes are people like the new wave of depressing bands like Coldplay, Embrace, Travis etal. I don't listen to music to upset myself!! :)

Fair point James. As I always say, there's two sides to every arguement - mine and the wrong one! Wink
:) :) :o :o :o:) :)

I've gotta remember that one for work...awesome.

No denying the the 'Thriller' album is a stonker but Can't say he's done anything since I like, certainly none of that saving the planet stuff.

Singers i like, whether they are any good or not, i don't know. But i like their voice:

the lead singer from Fleetwood Mac but i can't remember her name.

ummm right ummm, let me think....nope i can't. Sad to say i really do not pay much attention to music. There's songs i like but i couldn't tell you what they are.

Russ

Otis Redding

Wilson Picket

Did one of those do 'sitting by the dock of the bay'? One of my fav songs!

Russ

Yep, Otis Redding he recorded it but died in a plane crash just before it was released.

Wlison Pickets 'biggie' was "Midnignt Hour"

I really like Baker Street (or baker field) by jerry rafferty. I'm similar to Russ, like a fair amount of stuff but names no chance... Quite like Madonna, always liked Queen but don't know many others...

Ant

Yep, Otis Redding he recorded it but died in a plane crash just before it was released.

Transport couldn't have been too safe in the 50's/60's, so many stars copped it in plane crashes or car crashes.

Ant, Baker Street is one of my all-time favs. He did another song which i liked but can't remember?

Russ

Transport couldn't have been too safe in the 50's/60's, so many stars copped it in plane crashes or car crashes.

One of my favourites met his fate this way, good ol' Buddy Holly...

Fleetwood Mac's singer is Stevie Nicks. She lives in a suburb of Phoenix. Her dad just passed away last week. She's a great singer, but a little out to lunch. :)

Buddy Holly, Big Bopper and Richie Valance all died in that plane crash, correct.

Was Jerry Rafferty's other hit "Right Down The Line"?

Love the 50's music and it was so inspirational to many of the following styles of music, Buddy holly being one of my fav's too. I also like the dancing from that era something i would call proper dancing esp looking at todays dancing..

index.cfm?go=biography.part2 Here ya go Astroman :)

James :)

Don't we all sound old :)

I'm starting to sound like my parents :shock:

Personally I quite like the 80's, but I like so many different types of music that I won't listen to something thats Rubbish just because of who sang/wrote/performed it.

Ant

Archived